۱۳۸۶ مهر ۶, جمعه

Fifteenth

We had a meeting with our business partner and he had to write something on the board. Having the pen in his hand, he turned to me and said: “you know; I never came to the board in school. I had hard time getting high school diploma”. And he laughed. He is frank and open to me, we are the same age. Actually we were born on the same month. I am elder 10 days though. This is not the first time he is opening such personal discussion about his school times. I can appreciate that his willingness to discuss his school history comes from his confidence. He; most probably unintentionally, tries to communicate his determination to become successful.

“Oh, really” I responded maintaining the eye contact. “I have been to six different schools so far, and I am here today, making things easier for your business,” I added with a smile.

He was happy. He did the best thing he could/should, and he wanted someone to endorse it for him, which I happily did. Hey! I am you if you were good at school. You could be an employee just like me today facilitating things for others, should you tired harder at school. You are good; you are just good.

Honestly, I am happy for he is happy; and I am happy for I probably couldn’t be happy if I were him. He is right in the position that he is supposed to be, and I am fine with my place. The scenario is perfect, each of us has a role to play.

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: